The new OxygenOS 9.0.5 update for OnePlus 6 device started rolling out via batches. The OTA update comes with full system optimizations, general bug fixes, and March 2019 Security Patch as well. The update is rolling out via OTA to the users and this will take some time as this is an incremental update. So, kindly check for system updates manually from the device settings. Otherwise, you can wait for the official OTA notification.
OnePlus continuously trying to improve the stability and features on OxygenOS and now the latest update also brings 2019.03 Security Patch, bug reporting feedback tool, and some issue fixes. You can also flash the OTA file on your OnePlus 6 manually by downloading it from below.
OxygenOS 9.0.5 for OnePlus 6: Changelogs
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.03 (March)
- General bug fixes and system improvements
- Introducing feedback tool for reporting bugs and submitting feature requests
- The Firmware files are only for the OnePlus 6. Don’t try this ROM on any other device.
- thedroidguru won’t be responsible for any damage to your phone.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your phone easily.
- The Full ROM can be flashed via TWRP Recovery also.
- Make sure that your phone has at least 50%-60% charged for a smoother process.
Download and Install OxygenOS 9.0.5 on OnePlus 6 (Full ROM)
- OxygenOS 9.0.5 Full ROM for OnePlus 6 – Download
- OxygenOS 9.0.5 OTA for OnePlus 6 – Download (OxygenOS 9.0.4 to 9.0.5)
Steps to Install OxygenOS 9.0.5 on OnePlus 6
- Enable USB debugging option from device Settings > Developer Options. [To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap on the Build Number for 7 times]
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for Windows or Mac and install it on your PC.
- Download the OxygenOS 9.0.5 for OnePlus 6 from above Copy ROM to a folder where adb installed.
- Now, switch off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
- Choose option Install from ADB Sideload
- Now, connect your phone to PC/Laptop via a USB cable
- Go to installed ADB folder and press shift+right click and click on Open Command here.
- Now, check your connection by typing the below command↵
(if your device is listed, you’re ready to proceed)
- Flash the ROM by typing below command and press enter↵
adb sideload File Name.zip
- Reboot your phone after successful flashing.
- You’re done.
- Download OxygenOS 9.0.5 OTA (.zip) file from the above link and save it on your internal phone memory.
- Now, Go to Settings -> System Updates -> Settings Icon -> Local Upgrade & Select the OTA File.
- Select the upgrade now when the system prompts.
- Your device will now reboot into stock recovery and flash the OTA.
- The installer will flash the OTA itself and reboot the device.
- You’re done.
Method-3: TWRP Process
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Go to Install -> select the ROM file -> flash the latest Full OxygenOS zip file.
- Reboot System.
- You can also install SuperSU or Magisk to root your device if you want. [Optional]