Samsung Galaxy S7 has already received Android Oreo update but now it’s time for Dual-SIM variant Galaxy S7 devices. Almost two weeks ago, Samsung rolled out Android 8.0 Oreo updates to Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, and AT&T Galaxy S7 Active devices. Now the Samsung Galaxy S7 Dual-SIM variant receiving the update with Experience UI 9.0 along with some new features.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Dual-SIM device is getting Android 8.0 Oreo update with some features such as Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode etc. The update build number is G9300ZCU2CRF5 and file size is around 1.5GB.
Here are the full changelogs which you can get with Galaxy S7 Dual-SIM Oreo update:
– Manage notifications for each app with notification categories (supported apps only).
– Icons will be shown at the bottom of the notification panel for notifications that aren’t currently visible.
2. Home Screen
– Touch and hold an app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within the app (supported apps only).
– Notification badges on app icons and in the notification panel are synced. Clear a notification in one location, and it will show as cleared in the other location.
3. Samsung Keyboard
– The Samsung keyboard toolbar gives quick access to useful functions.
– GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs using Samsung keyboard.
– More high-contrast keyboards are available.
4. System Performance
– Background services are limited to improve performance and battery life.
5. Lock Screen and Always On Display
– New clock styles for the Lock screen and Always On Display.
– Adjust the transparency of notifications to get the look you want.
6. Samsung account
– Control your account settings and profile information for multiple apps.
– Tap your profile picture on the main Settings page to access your profile information and account settings.
7. Samsung Cloud
– View and manage photos in Samsung Cloud.
– Select specific items to delete or restore from your backups.
– See how big each backup is and how many items it contains.
8. Smart View
– Let your phone’s screen go dark when mirroring to another screen.
9. Samsung Dual Messenger
– Install a second copy of a messaging app so you can use two accounts at the same time. For apps that verify accounts using phone numbers, you’ll need a different phone number for each account.
– Touch and hold a messaging app on the Home or Apps screen to install the second account or go to Settings → Advanced features → Dual Messenger.
10. Other improvements
– In Video, auto-repeat and 2x speed are added.
– Samsung Pay has improved speed and security.
– Clock offers Landscape mode and timer sound options.
– Tap the digital clock widget to go to Clock directly.
– After OS upgrade, the following apps can be deleted as the customer wishes: Samsung Connect, Samsung Gear, Samsung Music, Game Launcher, Baidu.
The rollout has already begun so, wait for OTA update notification. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Dual-SIM Chinese variant is also receiving updates. It’s quite likely a major update after the nougat version. As the Oreo version is the latest and current version so it is necessary to roll-out updates to previous flagship models. Both the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge gets April security patch update.