- 1 LG G5 T-Mobile and Verizon Devices Gets Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- 1.1 RelatedPosts
- 1.2 How to join the Samsung One UI Beta Program
- 1.3 How to Download MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 5A (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- 1.4 How to Download and Install Lineage OS 16 on ZTE Nubia Z17 Mini (Android 9 Pie)
- 1.5 How to Download and install OxygenOS Android Pie Beta on Redmi Note 5 Pro (Ported)
The LG G5 now receiving Android 8.0 Oreo update after a long time but the only selected T-Mobile and Verizon carrier devices are getting the update. The update also comes with latest August security patch. Now the LG G5 has also joined the list of Android Oreo devices. So take a look at the some of the changelog features.
LG G5 T-Mobile and Verizon Devices Gets Android 8.0 Oreo Update
The update brings a new Android 8.0 Oreo interface with a lot of customization features. The PIP (Picture-in-Picture) mode, notification controls, notification dots, autofill API, and a lot more things now included by LG. The device is getting some battery and performance improvements as well with this new update.
The LG G5 device is already getting so delayed in terms of the latest Android updates after launch. Even flagship devices sometimes don’t get the expected Android updates properly. Now the users are more communicative towards the brands and ask for proper updates. So, the manufacturers try to deliver the same but they often fail to provide improved upgrades over the previous one.
The flagship LG G5 was also launched in 2016 with Android 6.0 Marshmallow version and after a few months, it got Android Nougat as well. Now in 2018 Q4, only the T-Mobile and Verizon carrier devices getting this update. If you already received the update then enjoy it thoroughly. Otherwise, wait for a few weeks to be available for your device via OTA.