In this comprehensive guide, we will talk about steps revolving on How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos Variants). Both the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are the latest flagship offerings from one of the biggest smartphone manufactures in the world, Samsung. After the fatal Note 7 incident, Samsung has been keen to announce to the world their newest device, and it surely has taken the world by a storm.
The Galaxy S8 and S8+ are both very beautiful devices, with an infinity display, meaning almost zero bezels. Covered in glass, and curved metal, both the devices are a pleasure to hold for extended periods of time. They come baked in with the Snapdragon 835, or the Exynos 8895 (depending upon regions), and a very enough 4 gigabytes of RAM.
If you would like to learn how to use your smartphone to its full capabilities, then you should definitely enter the world of rooting and customizing every bit of what Android allows you to take control of. If you are interested in doing so, then follow our guide on How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos Variants).
TheDroidGuru isn’t a bit responsible for any causalities to unfortunately take place on your device(s). You proceed at your own risk, and should there be any mistakes in the guides on our end, your feedback is essential and is always appreciated. With that being said, thoroughly go through the guide before testing it out on your device(s).
- You need to ensure your Windows computer has all the necessary drivers installed. If not, follow the link provided below to do so :
- Before you begin, we recommend you to take a full-backup of your device.
- Follow the guide very carefully, and make sure your device’s battery is atleast 60% to prevent any unnecessary shutdowns whilst the process goes on.
How to Install TWRP and Root Galaxy S8/S8+ (Exynos Variants)
- Make sure you have the Odin flash tool setup and ready to roll on your desktop PC.
- Download the TWRP recovery file depending upon your device from the above links provided.
- Use the following in-depth guide in order to install TWRP recovery on your Samsung device :
- Once done, transfer the SuperSU ZIP file on your device, and boot into the TWRP Recovery mode.
- Here, navigate to Install, and locate the root file.
- Once selected, Swipe to confirm the flash.
The entire process might take a couple of minutes, so grab your coffee while you’re at it. If you have any issues regarding the article, then make sure you refer us in the comments section below.