As you all know, recently Samsung released their latest flagships, Galaxy S8 and S8+. There two amazing phones really became instant hits thanks to their amazing features and specifications. They are filled with some mind-boggling additions which were never seen before such as Bixby assistant which is why they have been so successful in such a short span of time. Enable Dual Speakers on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
Even though Samsung did their best to make this device perfect, they forgot to enhance the speakers. These devices have a single speaker on them which is pale in comparison to devices such as Moto G series, and others as they all have dual speakers. Once Motorola started having dual speakers in their devices, it became a trend and many companies including HTC and Apple have followed it. Enable Dual Speakers on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
In this post, we will be telling you how to customize your Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ so that you can enable dual speakers on your devices. You just need to fulfil some requirements, complete few downloads, and then follow this step by step guide. Enable Dual Speakers on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Your Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ must be rooted.
- Your device must have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- Dual Speaker -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4148626&d=1494695371
- Dual Speaker Volume Boost -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4148625&d=1494695354
- xml -> https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4148627&d=1494695387
How to Enable Dual Speakers on Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Download any one of the two dual speaker mod zip files mentioned above. One of them enables the feature of dual speakers without having any effect on sound output while the other one boosts the sound output as well.
- Transfer the file to your Galaxy S8/S8+.
- Now, turn off your device and boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding “Volume Up + Bixby” keys and then long pressing the Power key until the Android logo shows up.
- In the TWRP menu, select the option Install, and look for the zip file which you downloaded in step 1.
- Select that zip file and then swipe right to begin the installation.
- After the installation finishes, tap on reboot system and wait for your system to reboot.
How to switch back to the original settings
If you are unhappy with the additions you made to your sound system, and the results are not up to your satisfaction, then you can easily go back to the original settings.
- Download the original_mixer_paths.xml file from the link mentioned above, and rename it to mixer_paths.xml.
- Now, move the file to /system/etc/ and replace the modded xml file.
- You need to make sure that you also grant the required permissions to the file.
- Now, reboot your device and once it boots up again, you will have the original settings.