Download and Install Huawei P10 Plus B171 Nougat Update [Europe]: The good news for Huawei P10 Plus users is that B171 Nougat update is available for download. Huawei has officially provided the update for VKY-LO9 variants after it did the same for Huawei P10.
You should definitely opt for it as it adds VoLTE and VoWiFI features. Your voice calling experience will enhance and the following is a complete step-by-step guide to install the update on your Huawei P10 Plus. The phone is a good one and you should take the update unless you are thinking of changing it to something better.
- Device – Huawei P10 Plus
- Model – VKY-L09
- Android Version – 7.0
- EMUI Version – 5.1
- Firmware – B171
- Build Number – VKY-L09C432B171
- Region – Europe
- The firmware is only for Huawei P10 Plus VKy-L09 and you should not try it on any other Huawei device because it might brick the device.
- You should have the bootloader of your Huawei P10 Plus unlocked.
- Take a complete backup of device data as everything will be wiped out during the process.
- Keep the battery charge to 60% at least to prevent accidental shutdown.
TheDroidGuru will not be responsible for any damage that might occur to your device while executing the following step and hence, you should proceed at your own risk.
- Download HWOTA_VKY.zip
- Download Update.zip
- Download update_full_VKY-L09_hw_eu.zip and rename the file to update_all_hw.zip
- Download update_data_full_public.zip and rename the file to update_data_public.zip
Steps To Install B171 Nougat Update on Huawei P10 Plus (Europe)
Step 1. Download HWOTA_VKY.zip file on your computer and extract it. Download the rest of the three files from the download section and copy them inside HWOTA\Update folder.
Step 2. Run update.bat file as an admin and press any key to continue.
Step 3. Connect your device to your computer and reboot your Huawei P10 Plus into Bootloader mode by pressing Volume Down +Power button. Or, you can type “adb reboot bootloader” on the running command prompt. This step will install TWRP in your device.
Step 4. Disconnect your device from your computer and reboot using Volume Up + Power key to enter into TWRP.
Step 5. Now, connect your device to your computer again and press Enter key. Then you have to type 2 and press enter again. Type 1 only if you have stored the downloaded file on your SD card.
Step 6. Similarly, you will be asked again to type 1 or type 2 and if you have the files on your computer, type 2 and press enter.
That is it and you do not need a custom recovery in this process. If you have a custom recovery installed, you can wipe all data and flash every ZIP file one by one.