Paranoid Android is making news once again with the release of their upgraded version. For those of you who do not know, Paranoid Android is based on Android Open Source Project and has been released upgrades regularly as stock Android itself.
The latest version Paranoid Android 7.2.3 has been rolled out with amazing new features and upgrades with reported bugs fixed. The fascinating feature is that users can transform the language of Paranoid Android into any local language. The devices where the update is available are Pixel, OnePlus, Xiaomi, Nexus, Sony Le Eco and Nextbit. In this article, you will tell you how to install Paranoid Android on your own any of these companies’ phones and most importantly, what are the features available with the new update?
New Features Available With Paranoid Android 7.2.3
General Features –
- GPS problems through Waze App fixed.
- Upgraded browser available.
- New File Manager App available.
- Pocket Lock bugs fixed.
- Thermal warning added when the device gets too heated up.
- New launcher and icon customization feature.
- Currently, it supports 19 local languages.
LeEco Le Pro 3 –
- New SnapDragon Camera App,
- Synced telephony support,
- Improved GPS and networking support,
- Better thermal handling and reduction of overheating,
- Performance and battery life enhancement,
- Ambient display and Doze mode.
Nexus 5 and 6 –
- Battery drainage in ambient display is fixed.
- Better performance and battery life.
- Latest security patch.
OnePlus One, X, 3 and 3T –
- New gestures supported.
- Fixed proximity sensor problem.
- Wi-Fi connectivity improved.
- Improved camera setup
- VoLTE and VOWiFi bugs fixed.
- Various some bugs fixed and minor improvements done.
Xiaomi Mi5 – Low volume during video recording fixed, SnapDragon Camera App available and other performance enhancements.
Sony Xperia and Google Pixel X/XL – Upgrade in security patch only
If you have not received the OTA update notification yet, you have to manually install by flashing the ZIP file for the appropriate device.
- LeEco Le Pro 3 – Download
- Nexus 5 – Download
- Nexus 6 – Download
- Nexux 5X – Download
- Nexus 6P – Download
- Pixel XL – Download
- Pixel – Download
- OnePlus One – Download
- OnePlus X – Download
- OnePlus 3/3T – Download
- Xperia X – Download
- Xperia X Compact – Download
- Nextbit Robin – Download
- Xiaomi Mi5 – Download
- Make sure your device has the bootloader unlocked.
- Make sure your device is rooted and has TWRP recovery installed.
- Keep the battery charge to 60%.
- Take full backup of everything on your device before proceeding further
TheDroidGuru will not be responsible if your device gets damaged while performing the following steps. So, proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Install Paranoid Android 7.2.3 On Your Device
Step 1. Transfer the downloaded ZIP file of PA 7.2.3 to your device.
Step 2. Reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode and take a full Nandroid backup of the current ROM for safety.
Step 3. Wipe system data complete and install PA 7.2.3 by flashing the ZIP file.
Give your device a restart and start using Paranoid Android 7.2.3.