Xiaomi has recently launched the next version of the custom skin which the company ships with all of their phones which is the MIUI skin of Android. As far as the MIUI skin is concerned, the company’s skin has got an upgrade and the latest version of MIUI is MIUI 9. The previous version of MIUI was MIUI 8 which has been running on almost all the Xiaomi phones at the present moment. Now, the users of the Xiaomi smartphones which have been running MIUI 8 are waiting for an upgrade to the next version of MIUI which comes with a lot of improvements in terms of stability and battery backup.
One thing to keep in mind here is Xiaomi has already started testing the MIUI 9 beta builds for some of their devices and many phones have started to receive the update if they have been enrolled in the beta test from the company. Now, some of the users who have been running the MIUI 9 skin on their phones have not been very happy with the build as it is a beta build and the bugs are expected. So if you want to downgrade from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8 on your Xiaomi device then we have the following guide for you.
Steps to downgrade from MIUI 9 to MIUI 8 on Xiaomi phones using Recovery ROM
- First of all, you will need to download the recovery rom for your Xiaomi device. You can download the file from here.
- After downloading this rom, you will have to rename it as update.zip and transfer the zip file to your device
- Now, you have to launch an app called ‘Updater’ app on the phone, select the three-dot menu and select the option ‘choose update package‘.
- After that, you will have to select the zip file which you have already downloaded and transferred on your phone and select OK to start the downgrade process
- After this, your smartphone will reboot and you will have MIUI 8 installed on your phone instead of MIUI 9.