In this comprehensive guide, you will be able to learn How to Downgrade Honor 6x from Android Nougat to Marshmallow. Huawei has been gaining a lot of reputation in the smartphone market in the past few years, especially after the debut of the Huawei made Nexus 6P, that followed by the all time favorite Honor 8 and the ‘P’ Series of smartphones.
The Honor 6X was one of the devices that brought upon good flares to the company, and it does come with Android Marshmallow out of the box. Just as Huawei promised, the Honor 6X has already gotten many Nougat patch updates, but since the phone is sold worldwide, the OTA might not have hit your region yet.
However, since the device is still in beta, the Nougat version is still not too stable. In such a case, follow our guide to learn how to How to Downgrade Honor 6x from Android Nougat to Marshmallow.
TheDroidGuru isn’t a bit responsible for any causalities to unfortunately take place on your device(s). You proceed at your own risk, and should there be any mistakes in the guides on our end, your feedback is essential and is always appreciated. With that being said, thoroughly go through the guide before testing it out on your device(s).
- Honor 6x Rollback Package For BLN-L21: Download Download Honor 6x Nougat Rollback package – Rollback file will change Your software to Custom package. (Rollback package is for C432 and maybe work for C185 also but not tested it)
- Download Honor 6x full OTA Software File – This file will switching back your Honor 6x to Marshmallow.
How to Downgrade Honor 6x from Android Nougat to Marshmallow
- Follow the above download links given, and extract the appropriate one as per your region/model number.
- In the root storage of your device, create an empty folder called “Dload“.
- Now, copy the update.app file extracted to the dload folder on your smartphone.
- Navigate to Settings > Update, and select Local Update.
- If you’ve downloaded the correct file, then you will be able to install the update. The process will take a lot of time, so be patient.
- Once done, reboot your device for maximum performance.
Good going! You’ve done it! If you have any queries regarding the article, refer us in the comments section below and we will be glad to assist you :).