OnePlus recently launched the OnePlus 5 which is the next flagship smartphone from the company after the company launched the OnePlus 3/3T last year as the flagship OnePlus phones of 2016. As far as the OnePlus 5 is concerned, it is widely acclaimed to be the best smartphone of this year and is already the best selling OnePlus smartphone till date. However, the smartphone has been met with some issues in the phone as well. For instance, there was a jelly screen issue which was seen on the smartphone when the screen was scrolled and the company says that it is a non-issue and the behaviour is intended. Now, there is one more issue that has been uncovered on the OnePlus 5 which is a slightly important one as it is related to security of the phone.
The OnePlus 5 comes with an app locker built in with the OxygenOS and this has some issues with unlocking the apps without even needing to enter the pin. The guys over at XDA-developers have uncovered a bug where the OnePlus app locker can be easily bypassed and they have also posted a video for everyone to see.
Steps to bypass the OnePlus app locker on OnePlus 5
- First of all, you will have to enter the app whichever has been locked using the OnePlus app locker
- After that, you will come out of the app without clearing the app from recent screen so that the app is not killed
- Now, you will have to go to the security section of settings app to check for the app locker. it will now prompt you to enter a pin or password but you should not enter it and leave it as it. Also, do not remove this screen as well from the recent
- Now, open the OnePlus app locker and untick the app which you had earlier locked and it will automatically get unlocked without even asking for the pin or password which it should normally.
- After this, you will be able to access the locked apps without the knowledge of the phone’s owner.
- If you want this bug to be hidden, you should lock the launcher apps as well as other settings apps to be locked using the OnePlus app locker
If you’re using Nova Launcher then just add an activity shortcut to “App Locker” which is found under “Dashboard.” Simply tapping on this shortcut will launch the App Locker settings without it asking for your password.
For more information, check out the Official Xda thread here
Note: This guide has been posted so that you can get aware of the issue and be safe from attackers that might be able to compromise your phone. We do not take responsibility if your phone is damaged in anyway possible by doing the above steps