Hello, peeps! You all might have heard that Lenovo released the Android 7.0 Nougat updates for its flagship Lenovo K6 Note. The new update came with loads of amazing features and some performance enhancements. There might be one slight problem if your K6 Note is unlocked, has TWRP recovery installed and has been rooted. You will not be able to install the official Android 7.0 Nougat update on your device.But if your bootloader is locked then you can download and install Android 7.0 Nougat On Lenovo K6 Note manually.We will be sharing both modified TWRP flashable S218 Nougat firmware and the normal Nougat Firmware for Lenovo k6 Note.
However, a flashable stock Android 7.0 Nougat K53a48_S218 OTA Update recently became available for Lenovo K6 Note (K53a48).The firmware Update comes with software version S218 and which is based on Android 7.0
Lenovo K6 Note was officially launched with Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and was upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat just few weeks back. But unfortunately, if your device’s bootloader is unblocked and TWRP custom recovery is installed, you might not be able to install the OTA update of Android Nougat. However, there is a way using which you will be able to enjoy all the benefits of Android 7.0 Nougat and the method to do that will be told to you in this guide.
Before you start the installation, you need to remember that even though this firmware is based on the official Nougat S218 firmware, it has been modified, pre-rooted and removed many Lenovo system apps. This ROM should work perfectly for both Lenovo K6 Plus (K53b36) and Lenovo K6 Note (K53a48).
How to Install the Modified Android 7.0 Nougat firmware (K53a48_S218) On Lenovo K6 Note | Modified TWRP Flashable (Root Uers With TWRP)
- Download the Flashable zip file from the link mentioned above. (First One from the download section)
- Now, reboot your Lenovo K6 into TWRP recovery.
- In the recovery menu, select ‘Backup’ and then take a Nandroid backup of your data.
- Select Install and then navigate to ROM zip file and then swipe to flash it.
- After the installation completes, reboot your device.
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat firmware (K53a48_S218) On Lenovo K6 Note (Stock Recovery | Non-Rooted Users)
- Download the Official K53a48_S218Nougat OTA for Lenovo K6 Note from the download section (2nd one)
- Now save the file to your phone and rename it to ‘Update.zip‘
- Now Power off your Lenovo K6 Note.
- Next, Boot your Lenovo into the recovery mode.
- Now click on ‘Install Upgrade Package‘ and Select ‘Update.zip‘.This will start the software installation process.
- Now, wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once it finished completely, your Lenovo K6 Note will reboot and upgraded to Nougat.
If you have any question or suggestion related to this post, feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂