Xiaomi has released it’s latest MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM For Many Xiaomi devices including Redmi 1S, Mi 2/2S, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G and more devices will be added to this list soon.This update is a stable one which can be used as daily driver and not in beta stage.Here we will be sharing direct links to Download MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM For Xiaomi Devices | Fastboot / Recovery
Xiaomi has started rolling out the MIUI 8 Global Stable firmware update via OTA (Over-the-air).Users who are currently using the previous version of Global Beta ROM can directly download the OTA file, install it.If your device is not rooted then you can manually check for the update.
You can manually check whether the update is available in your region or not. Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Check for Software Update.
If there is no update yet in your region you can wait for few days for the update to come or you can follow our guide to download MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM For Xiaomi Devices (Fastboot / Recovery).
In this post, we will be sharing the download links as well as a detailed Guide to InstallMIUI 8 Global Stable ROM On Xiaomi Devices | Both fastboot Firmware installation method and Recovery Firmware Installation method
MIUI 8 Global ROM – Features and Changes
Below we shared some of the latest included features of MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM
- Long Screenshots – You can take continuous screenshots like latest Samsung Galaxy devices.
- Second Space – It allows a user to use your Xiaomi smartphones like dual. One for Office use & one side for Personal use.
- Dual Apps – Now, You don’t need to download any third party app to run a dual account of any app. With this feature, you can create dual of any app.
- Quick Ball – It is like an “Apple Assistive Touch” feature. In this ball, you can access different shortcuts. Also, these shortcuts are customizable.
- Gallery – Now you can delete photos from both Gallery & Mi Cloud from the device.
- New Designed Toggle Bar – In MIUI 7 there were separate pages for Notifications & Separate one for Shortcut buttons. But in this update, they have mixed these things up on the single page.
- Smart Calculator – Xiaomi has relaunched their default calculator app with new features. apart from Maths calculation users are able to convert Temperature, Height & Currency etc.
- New Notes App – Xiaomi has redesigned this app with various colours and options. Also, you can set passwords & fingerprint for specific notes.
- Settings – The whole new setting app is well designed with a lot of colours also they have added search box where you can search for any setting you want.
- Power Management – Much better power management & Batteoptimisationion now.
- Video Editing – User can filter, add music, Crop their videos using video editor.
- Hindi T9 Support – Yes. The Hindi language is now supported for contact and dialing options.
Download MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM
Below we are sharing download links to download both fastboot and recovery version of MUI 8 Global stable ROMs For Xiaomi devices.You can download either fastboot or recovery version of the firmware.
√Note: fast boot Version of the firmware can be installed using fast boot commands whereas the recovery version can be installed via recovery. (Both installation guides will be provided at the end the post)
|Device Name||Download Fastboot ROM
(Flash using fastboot method)
|Download Recovery ROM
(flash using recovery)
|Xiaomi Mi 6||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 5||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 4i||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xioami Mi 4||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 3||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 2S||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi 2||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi Max 32GB||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Mi Mix||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Special Edition)||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon)||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 4X||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 3S||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 2||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi 1S||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 2||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G||Fastboot ROM||Recovery ROM|
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3G||N/A||Recovery ROM|
How To Flash / Install MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM On Xiaomi Devices
Method 1: Flashing / Installing MIUI 8 Recovery ROM
- Download the MIUI 8.0 Global stable recovery ROM For your device from the download section above.
- Now Connect your Xiaomi device with your PC/laptop.
- Now Move the MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM files to your phone.
- Now go to updater App from your phone app menu, and Click on the three dots (‘…’) at the top-right corner, and select the ‘choose update package‘.
- The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
- Done!! Your Xiaomi device should boot into the latest MIUI ROM.
Method 2: Flashing / Installing MIUI 8 FastBoot Rom:
- First, Download and Install Mi Flash tool in your PC/laptop.
- Now download the MIUI 8 Stable Fastboot ROM Update file from above link.
- Move the MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM files to the desktop of your PC/laptop.
- Now boot your device into Fastboot mode by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.
- Next, Connect your Xiaomidevice to PC/computer via micro USB cable.
- Now extract the Fastboot ROM and copy its path (address) on the PC.
- Now open MI Flash Tool and Paste the address bar of the ROM file folder path which you just copied
- Then click on the ‘Refresh‘ button.Your device should be recognised automatically
- After that click on the ‘Flash‘ button to flash MIUI 8 Global Stable ROM on Your Xiaomi Device
- The Firmware Flashing should be started, wait until the installation is done
- Your device will automatically boot into the latest Updated MIUI Firmware, once the flashing process is completed.
If you have any question or suggestion related to this post feel free to leave that in the comment section below 🙂